The Alliance for Global Good’s Innovation Fund:
- Aims to increase nonprofit sustainability by providing venture philanthropy to implement innovations in mission-relevant revenue generating activity.
- Targets (generally) medium-sized, US-based nonprofits, working on solving global problems (see specific eligibility criteria below)
- Grants are for implementation, not exploration–the Fund provides grants for late stage financing to move best-in-class plans into operation.
An additional four organizations were selected as Round 2 grantees from the Fund.
An eligible organization has identified a clear strategy for mission-relevant, revenue generating activity and conducted enough of the needed preliminaries (e.g., studies, technical assistance, market analysis, etc.) to have in place a mature strategy for execution, all as reflected in a solid business plan, so that Innovation Fund resources will be used for implementation. An eligible organization also:
- is a 501(c)3 organization in the United States (including so called “friends of” and US fiscal agents for non-U.S. NGOs);
- is engaged in in areas of health, education, environment, poverty and/or world relations outside the United States;
- can demonstrate in quantitative terms the concrete impact it has made in addressing the problems it targets;
- can demonstrate organizational stability using information that might include but is not limited to: a) years of operation; b) relatively stable revenue; c) testimonial(s), e.g., from recurring donor(s); and/or d) cumulative impact;
- has had total revenue over the past five years that:
- averaged below $20,000,000, and above $5,000,000 per year, and
- derived in a significant part from at least one type of traditional funding (e.g., charitable giving, government support, investment income); and
- has quality systems of governance and financial accountability.
Selection is a two part process:
- First, an open competition RFP seeking proposals detailing the types of mission-‐consistent, revenue generating activity intended, together with robust supporting documentation of the business related merits of the proposal. AFGG’s Board of Advisors will review the proposals, and select the most promising applicants.
- Top prospects will present an in-‐person pitch to IF managers focusing on the business aspects of the proposal. The presenting team must include at least the prospect’s ED (or President), its CFO, and a board leader.
- Donor Partners of the Innovation Fund will have the option to participate in the pitch assessment committee.
Some History: The Fund was first announced at the Inaugural Bipartisan Conference on Innovation in Giving & Philanthropy produced by the Alliance in November, 2011, at the Library of Congress. Subsequently, under the principal direction of Dr. Susan Raymond ( Executive Vice President of Changing Our World World and Founding Director of the Innovation Fund) with Alliance advisor, Rodney W. Nichols (former Executive Vice President, Rockefeller University and President and CEO of the New York Academy of Science), the Fund’s focus has been sharpened.
In developing the Innovation Fund, AFGG interviewed 10 presidents of leading global nonprofits (none of which will be eligible for an award). All of the interviewees endorsed this new concept, because the non-profit need is great and the availability of such capital is scarce. Similarly, market research found nothing with similar structure. Although untested, the Innovation Fund has tremendous potential.
Check out AFGG Blog Posts re the Innovation Fund
signal callers that Premier Black Shawn Horcoff Jersey may Youth Bobby Smith Jersey have trouble moving the ball when facing complex, speedy NFL defenses while directing an offensive scheme in which they might not be familiar with. Don’t concern yourself too much with each team’s starters. In most preseason games, the starters that are secure in their jobs are resting on the bench by the second quarter as the coach’s audition their back ups. Preseason games are usually won or lost in the second half by the reserves and players who won’t make the team’s final cut. There is a Premier Green Erik Cole Jersey definite difference in the quality of reserve players between teams. Weaker teams with more roster spots open will usually have stronger players in camp than last year’s top teams with less roster spots open. Top free agent signees out of college are more likely to want to play for a losing team where a stronger opportunity to make the team exists than trying to catch on with an established winning team. Handicapping the NFL Preseason requires the ability to recognize each team’s
Austin Hill will make his second start for MacDonald Motorsports this Saturday night at Greenville Pickens Speedway. After qualifying 13th and finishing 18th cheap yeezy boost 750 at Columbus Motor Speedway earlier this season, Hill will look to earn his first top 10 finish in the K Pro Series Monday driving the A Welding/Overnight Wraps No. cheap jerseys from china 49 for MacDonald Motorsports. "I’m really looking forward the race on Saturday at Greenville Pickens and cheap oakleys online proud to yeezy 750 new release be driving the A Welding/Overnight Wraps yeezy 750 new release No. 49 wholesale jerseys from china for MacDonald Motorsports," explained Austin. "After practicing there last time before the rains came, I really think we have a shot for a top 5 finish if things go our way.’ Austin Hill, from Winston, cheap michael kors outlet Georgia, is a very replica 750 yeezy experienced legends racer with multiple track fake oakleys cheap championships and wins. He is the 2008 Legends Semi Pro Summer Shootout cheap yeezy boost 750 Champion and the 2009 Legends Pro Champion at Atlanta Motor 2016 jerseys cheap Speedway. In recent years, wholesale jerseys china Hill has competed in cheap michael kors handbags a number of late model races across the 750 yeezy paypal online South East, including the 750 yeezy paypal online prestigious World
fee goes into effect in February.Opponents of cheap fake ray bans the Oregon proposal say it will hurt a new industry."It will be one more obstacle that the industry and auto dealers will face in convincing consumers to buy these new cars," said Paul Cosgrove, a lobbyist for the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers.Oregon set 750 yeezy for sale up a task force in 2001 and did a pilot study in 2006, which raised privacy concerns the government could track cars as yeezy 750 new release they use private roads or leave the state. Whitty said the options drivers would have in the new proposal address those concerns.A second pilot project has involved about 50 participants, mostly state transportation officials and cheap oakleys lawmakers. They pay 1.56 jerseys wholesale cents per mile and get michael kors handbags outlet a credit for cheap michael kors outlet any gasoline tax they paid at the pump.Oregon Transportation Commissioner Mary Olson tracked whether she would be charged for miles on private roads by comparing results from her odometer and the authentic cheap jerseys GPS based cheap michael kors mileage reporting device."It was scary accurate," she said. "I yeezy 750 free shipping was very pleased